Yes, you can. To do that:
- Install the G Cloud app on the new device.
- Open the G Cloud app and sign in to your G Cloud account using the same method you used to create this account. (Email and password/Google/Facebook)
- G Cloud will detect that you have other device(s) backed up under this account, will list this/those device(s) for you, and will ask you to select from the following options:
- Add New Device: By selecting this option, G Cloud will include the new device in the list of your backed-up devices, without impacting the backup of any existing devices. This keeps things organized and facilitates future file retrieval from specific devices. However, the newly added device will be counted towards your devices quota. If you reach the limit, you will need to purchase additional device seats to add more devices to your G Cloud account in the future.
- Replace Device: Opting for this choice will merge the backup of the selected old device with the new one into a single device. The old device will no longer appear in the list of your backed-up devices, and if the G Cloud app is still installed on it, the backup process will cease, and you will be signed out from the G Cloud app on that old device. Please avoid selecting this option if you wish to continue backing up the old device. However, choosing this option will not affect your devices quota.
- Select the data you want to back up from under this device and tap the Save button.
- Tap the Menu icon in the upper left corner of the app → Settings → Tap the Automatic Backup option → Select the preferred settings.
This way, the automatic backup will start as you’ve set, and G Cloud will be backing up this device for you.
- Install G Cloud app on the wanted device. You can download it from here.
- Sign in to your G Cloud account, using the same method you used to create this account. (Email/Google+/Facebook)
- By default, all the selections will display as (Not Authorized). By tapping on any selection a popup message will display asking you to give permission to access the content.Please do.
- When permissions are granted please launch G Cloud back up again.
- Select the data you want to back up from under this device, and tap the Save button.
- G Cloud will start now backing up your device.